Hey Kupo Kompadres,
Tomorrow Wednesday, August 7, 2013, I’ll be joining Chris Gampat of The Phoblographer during an hour long Q&A “Ask the Gear Guru” session at 1:00 PM EST (6:00 PM BST). For those of you who don’t know yet, here at Kupo Grip, we offer a free service called the “Gear Guru“. What is a Gear Guru you may ask? The word “Guru” is Hindi for teacher. With years of experience both as a professional photographer and selling photographic equipment for over 15 years gives me a unique understanding of both the tools and technique of photography.
ASK JASON – PERSONAL GEAR GURU – AT YOUR SERVICE
Have you ever…
- Needed a solution to support lighting or cameras in a certain way but wasn’t sure how to go about it?
- Wanted to re-create an image but didn’t know how it was lit?
- Wanted to buy a camera system, but needed some advice?
- Needed to equip your studio with the right gear?
- Had a gear budget but still needed professional results?
- Just started photography and didn’t know where to begin?
- Struggled over which lighting to buy? Continuous or Flash?
- Needed to know which light modifier would be perfect for your needs?
So if you have any photo questions from gear to technique, stop on by and I’ll be happy to answer your question live! If you can’t make it, don’t fret. The service is always available whenever you need it.
See you there!
Jason – The Gear Guru
Jason Friedman is a professional photographer with over 20 years experience concentrating on fashion and beauty photography. He specializes in lighting for both studio and location, using both strobes and continuous lighting sources. Over the past couple of years, due to the hybridization of the DSLR in respect to film making, he has become passionate about the moving image and has embraced the new technology with open arms. Jason acquired a ton of gear knowledge as a 15 year previous employee of B&H Photo Video Pro-Audio where he has worked in several positions, including manager of the lighting department as well as a marketing representative involved in trade-shows and seminars both domestic and internationally. Jason loves to teach and has taught seminars in subjects ranging from photography, lighting and his last gig, teaching Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom aboard the National Geographic Explorer for Lindblad Expeditions. Jason is also a vegan foodie and has embraced food photography as his latest photographic pursuit. Currently Jason works as as the Kupo Product Marketing Manager for the MAC Group.